We have survived! SOOOOO much has happened in the last few months that it seems to all be one big blur! And reading my last post gives me anxiety all over again! Geez I was stressed! Poor Greg, I think I see a little bit of what he was having to put up with on a daily basis! So sorry Greg!
Audrey's party was a huge success...IF you define "success" as totally stressed out and needing at least 3 days to recover from! It turned out to be a beautiful day, all of her little friends came and had a blast, and the cake turned out very pretty...small, but pretty! AND...no one got hurt! Which was a blessing considering the humongous water slide we had and the amount of excited kids that were there!
Here are some pics from her party:
On to Anna Leigh...I don't think I quit stressing out over things with her until they gave me that wonderful medicine after delivering her! That is just rediculous!
As time was soon approaching, I was able to convince my Dr to schedule her on Friday, June 3rd (which was also my 30th birthday) instead of waiting until the following Tuesday. I just KNEW there was no way I was gonna make it that far! And being so OCD and needing to plan everything, I just had to have my way! Which had me feeling super guilty the closer it got. I just knew that something was gonna be wrong for me being selfish and wanting to rush her delivery. But once we got to the hospital and all hooked up, it showed that I was having some serious contractions, which I had been doing since the day before and didn't know it! So I asked the nurse, "is that normal?" only to be told, "yep...you're in labor!" So hot dog...I didn't feel so guilty anymore!! That sweet little baby was meant to come on my birthday! What a gift!!
No, we don't have a dedicated "spot" for Anna Leigh at home, but she has made her little presence known! She just fits right in with our crazy little family and doesn't seem to mind a bit! I basically gave up on trying to prepare...as long as she had something to wear, a bottle to drink out of, and a carseat, we were good!!
Audrey and Brooks are totally smitten by her! Brooks has been so amazing from the moment he laid eyes on her, just in awe at his baby sister. It took Audrey a little longer to warm up to her, but she is certainly a little mother hen now! Poor little Anna Leigh, she will be completely overwhelmed by them one day! I am SOOO thankful that she is as tolerable as she is!!
This was me and Audrey just before going into the hospital...
Audrey did NOT want to have anything to do with her at first!! I think she was so overwhelmed by everyone wanting to see her reaction that she just got upset!
But after six days...
And like I said, Brooks is in love with having a little sister!
So now my lap looks like this at any given time that I want to sit down on the couch!!
And I wouldn't want it any other way!!

No comments:
Post a Comment